Eligibility Requirements Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.
● Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan prior to application.
● Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
● Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
● Applicants must have sufficient the English or Japanese languages ability.
● Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
● Applicants must have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure, and should contribute to development of their own country.
Applicants are free to choose a host institution in Japan (universities, national research institutions, or the equivalent facilities in private sector) to carry out their research.